vrijdag 31 augustus 2012

It friggin burns!

Wanna burn your face off? Well then this is the product for you!

I stocked up on some Essence My Skin face care products this week, because since I haven't had the time or energy to put into skincare lately, I wanted to really start taking care of my skin again. I love every single one of the products I got, except for one...

I got the Esence 4-in-1 cleansing cream with pomegranate and bamboo extract. This was actually the product I was the most excited to try. It was only €2,29 so... I bought it.
 


The consistency is much like clay, with scrubbing beads in it. But when you apply it in a thin layer onto your skin, it feels more like a gel. It doesn't have a very strong smell, but it smells kind of nice though. There's two ways of using this cream. First, you can use it as a cleanser, so you apply a thin layer on a wet face, just rub it in gently and rinse it off thoroughly. Second, for a deeper cleansing, you can use it as a mask. In that case, you apply a slightly more thick layer and leave it on for about 3 minutes.
But here's the thing... I wanted to try using it as a mask, so I started applying it to my right cheek. About five seconds after I put it on, it just started burning. It started off as a slight glowing feeling, but then it started burning and it really hurt. I don't have any allergies and I've never had a bad reaction to any skin care product ever before, so I was kind of freaked out. It hurt like a mofo Ö So I immediately rinsed it off.
A few days later, I tried it again, but the exact same thing happened so I threw it out.

I've read a lot of reviews on this product and a lot of people have experienced the exact same thing.
Just a quick disclamer though, this is my personal opinion and experience. I hope it's helpful, but by no means am I trying to tell you not to buy this. This might work for some people, maybe this product just isn't right for my skin.

I'll probably do a collective review of the products I did like within the next couple of days.
Love

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten