zaterdag 18 augustus 2012

Have you ever? #2

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just realize that this is it? That you're in the right place and most importantly, that you're there with the right person?
I was laying there, next to him, in the middle of a field, at midnight, staring at the sky. The world around me ceased to exist, my mind was a complete blank. The only things I was aware of were his hand in mine, the grass tickling my legs and the sight of the most beautiful night sky I've ever seen.  He had his I-pod on A Real Hero by College. I don't know why, but there was something about that song that made that moment complete. It just made me realise this was it, this was right. It just hit me. It had happened a few times before...
We were on holiday in Stockholm, Sweden. We'd just spent the entire day sightseeing, strolling around, being crazy. We'd been singing all day, mostly Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns 'n Roses. So around midnight, we return to the hotel and pass through the dining room. Suddenly, in the middle of the dining room, I stop. The radio was playing... Sweet Child O'Mine had found us again. So we just stood there for the rest of the song, being amazed at what an amazing coincidence it was. The song ended and we waited a few seconds, curious for the next one. It was Hey Jude by the Beatles, which is one of my favourite songs. Here's where it gets all surreal again... He takes a step closer, wraps his arms around me and we start slow dancing... in the middle of an abandoned dining room, to Hey Jude. That was it.
I know this is a little different from the things I usually post on here but... dunnow, I just felt like writing about it. Guess I'm just in a random, corny mood... Maybe my neighbours playing the MOST MELLOW BALLANDS EVER WRITTEN all night might have something to do with it. It just makes me realize how life can surprise you... out of nowhere. Makes me think about everybody who has found someone to share moments like these with. And if you haven't yet, don't give up hope. It will happen, it may sound cliché but it will, when you least expect it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten